Re: Trying to recompile redboot...

Hello John,

I use xscale-elf from Red-Hat-3.3 20021213 and npe v.1.4 with success.
When I was using arm-linux-gcc than I had always compiler errors - wrong asm. instruction or something like this.

Best Regards
jerzy

John Dowd wrote:

I'm trying to create my own image of the redboot RAM image for a Coyote (GRG) board.

My toolset is:
arm-linux-tools-20031127
redboot-intel-xscale-030630
npe version 1.4

Has anyone been able to use the toolset listed here? It just seems that the ecos system by defaults to xscale-arm toolset. Right now I'm getting compile errors which occured after I added the npe support.

Prior to adding the npe support I was able to compile but I was getting a RAM image that was padded with about 0x20000 zero bytes at the beginning of the image. This of course meant that the image would not load.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!!