RE: ec555 memory map, bootcode

Looks to me that your board is one with 2MB RAM and 4MB FLASH, which
_is_ supported. The only difference are the start addresses; the ones
you describe are the ones Wuerz uses, and yes they differ from those in
the eCos memory map. This is completely determined by the programming of
the memory controller, which is done by software. So, if your board
indeed has 2 MB RAM and 4 MB Flash, the F04_S02 configuration _should_
work.

What you are trying to do, however, is something (as far as I know)
nobody ever tried on the mpc555; using the wuerz bootloader to boot a
RAM version of eCos. Incompatible memory maps are only one of the
problems you are going to experience. Most probably, your eCos will also
expect things being set up properly on beforehand by redboot, e.g
interrupt vectors, virtual vector table etc.

As Gary already suggested, things would become a lot simpler if you'd
just build a ROM version of redboot, program it into the internal flash
of the mpc555 and use that for booting your eCos application. It would
become easier for me to guess what your problem could be anyway.

Regards,
Bob