Creating Interrupt Routines

Hi,

I am writing an serial driver application that uses it's own interrupt routine.
I am trying to steal the vector away from Redboot so that I can install my own.

When I use the HAL_INTERRUPT_IN_USE function, it returns a state of 1 which means
that the interrupt vector for the serial port is in use, I am assuming by Redboot.

How do you reassign the vector to a different ISR, DSR that you wrote yourself?
I saw functions for get_vsr, set_vsr, detach, etc. I am not sure how to go about doing
this? If anyone has some experience with this, it would sure make my life easier.

Thanks