At redboot, why go command can't execute a linux kernel

Hi all:
	I am using the ixp425 + coyote. After porting the redboot to the
machine, all things run well. But , when i load the linux kernel into ram
and use "go" command to run it, the screen freezed forever. The only way to
run linux kernel on my machine is the "exec" command. What's wrong with it?
At the previous board: coyote based machine, "go" and "exec" command both
can run the linux kernel.
	Furthermore, i'd like to debug the linux kernel by using bdi2000.
After i loaded the ramdisk and linux kernel into target machine RAM,
executing "go" enter the debug mode. the reason of strap is undefined
instruction. "go" command can't run the linux kernel and I can't debug the
linux kernel as i did at the previous board.
	Can you give me some clues? thank you all in advance.
						Daniel