Re: ECOS port to Gameboy Advance

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 12:55:18PM -0200, Ramiro C. Carvalho wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> Some time ago the the guys at CharmedLabs contributed a port to the Gameboy
> Advance with Xport target. This was done in version 1.3 if i remember well
> and it can be downloaded from their site at www.charmedlabs.com. However as
> it appears this port was not integrated into the main repository and so got
> "frozen" in that version of ECOS. Is it possible to have it integrated into
> the main repository so that we can use it with the newer versions of ECOS?
> I contacted CharmedLabs and i was told to ask the guys at EcosCentric to
> make the port available but i am not sure if this is the correct way to go.
>
> Can anyone give me a basic "railroad" for having this port available with
> the current version of ECOS?

There was a copyright assignment agreement made with RedHat, but i
could not find anywhere on the mailling lists the actually
contribution. The assignment suggests its a port for eCos 2.0, so it
should not be too hard to incorperate into anoncvs if its a clean port
following the normal conventions.

I downloaded the code from SourceForge, but its in some propriatary
Win32 self extracting format. Since i don't have a M$ box i cannot do
anything with it :-(

To get the code into anoncvs it needs somebody at actually contribute
the code, ie email to ecos-patchs a patch which adds it to the current
anoncvs. Said person also needs to answer questions and made changes
the eCos maintainers request.

But there might be a problem. Since this code is now on SourceForge,
it possible that patches from people other than CharmedLabs have been
incorperated into the code. Such contributions will be copyright the
contributer, not Charmed Labs. If this is so, we also need copyright
assignments from the patch contributers. If the code is pure
CharmedLabs, then everything is OK.

        Andrew