Re: Store NPE MAC address on flash

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 04:50, VictorLai@aaeon.com.tw wrote:
> Dear all,
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I am doing design on IXP425. We are currently using redboot 1.94 +
> MontaVista 3.1 for our development. We'd like to store MAC address on flash
> to save the eeprom. I found a document on Intel's Redboot's Application
> Note: "Customizing RedBoot How-To's." Document Number:254308-001. It
> mentioned that it is doable and is achivable from Coyote* Gateway Reference
> Design (GRG).

I'm not familiar with that particular document, but the current IXDP425
platform support is configurable so that the MAC may be stored in EEPROM
(the default) or in RedBoot's configuration area in flash. The GRG does
not have an EEPROM, so there is no choice with that platform.

The specific option you want (for IXDP425) is:

    cdl_option CYGSEM_DEVS_ETH_ARM_IXDP425_EEPROM {
        user_value 0
    }

Just adding the above cdl fragment to the redboot_*.ecm file[s] and
rerunning the config/build steps as usual is all you need to do.

--Mark