network partly initialized now...

Hi Andrew

Hey thanks a lot for your valuable inputs! Truth is, I am new to eCos (and
OSes in general) and am just getting familiar with the works.

Well, we finally managed to get the 'Hello, eCos World' message and got the
network interface partly initialized.

It was initializing both FCC1 and FCC2 earlier because we had hardwired the
MDIO protocol routine 'phy_cmd()' in 'eth_phy.c' to use our MDIO/MDC pins
(because the original code wasn't working then). So it was configuring both
FCC1 and FCC2. We now restored the original code and got the correct
configuration.

The lines below indicate our output:

RedBoot> go
[cyg_net_init] Init: mbinit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_init_devs(0x00000000)
Init device 'fcc_eth0'
Unsupported PHY device - id: ffffffff
Init device 'fcc_eth1'
PHY: Intel LXT971A
FCC eth1: 100Mb/Full Duplex
[cyg_net_init] Init: loopattach(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: ifinit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: domaininit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x00094fb8)
New domain internet at 0x00000000
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x000949f4)
New domain route at 0x00000000
[cyg_net_init] Init: call_route_init(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Done

SIOCSIFADDR: Device not configured
BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0
Enabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
[eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode
Disabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
Enabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
[eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode
Disabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
BOOTP[eth1] op: REQUEST
       htype: Ethernet
        hlen: 6
        hops: 0
         xid: 0x0
        secs: 0
       flags: 0x0
       hw_addr: 0c:00:00:00:3c:20
     client IP: 0.0.0.0
         my IP: 0.0.0.0
     server IP: 0.0.0.0
    gateway IP: 0.0.0.0
Enabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
[eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode
Disabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
Enabling Ethernet interface for FCC :eth1
[eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode

Hello, eCos world!

Now the issue is, when the BOOTP routine is called, it sends out a BOOTP
request. We know this is happening because we see an entry with our MAC
address on the BOOTP server we've installed. The BOOTP server even sends a
reply with the appropriate IP address. But the board apparently doesn't
accept this and displays 0.0.0.0 as its and the server and gateway's IP
address.

       hw_addr: 0c:00:00:00:3c:20
     client IP: 0.0.0.0
         my IP: 0.0.0.0
     server IP: 0.0.0.0
    gateway IP: 0.0.0.0

So that's what we're currently investigating.

By the way, does the 'mkfs.jffs2' utility not work under Cygwin? If so, how
do I create a jffs2 image on a Windows 2000 machine with Cygwin? I looked up
some sites but didn't find anything significant.

Thanks again for all your help Andrew!!! It's really done me a whole lot of
good!

Regards

Chandrashekhar Padiyar