Re: Endianness of the XScale

> Could someone confirm or deny the accuracy following statement.
> "Endianness in the XScale only applies to data fetches. All instruction
> opcode fetches are always little endian. This is the reason why when
> downloading the big endian image of ecos redboot-rom binary images for the
> IXDP425, we byte swap the big endian image"

That can't be the reason you have to byte swap the IXDP425 because
I can reprogram the reboot.bin image just as the toolchain generates
it without having to byte swap it.

There is an issue with downloading/programming a LE RedBoot when
running a BE RedBoot or vice-versa. That has to do with the way
the flash interface is wired to the core. But if you're using
on LE or only BE, then no byte swapping should be necessary.

--Mark