configtool: resolving conflicts

I'm working on a port of the SH7760 and have a question about how to make my
package properly select the correct SH CPU variant.

I've added a new CPU variant to hal_sh_sh4.cdl called:

  cdl_component CYGPKG_HAL_SH_7760

In my HAL for the 7760, I've added line in my package:

  requires      CYGPKG_HAL_SH_7760

What I was expecting from this is that when the user selects my template for
the 7760, that the configtool would figure out that this is for the 7760 and
select the proper CPU variant.

What actually happens is that I'm prompted to resolve a conflict instead.  And
the suggested resolution is to select both the CYGPKG_HAL_SH_7751 and
CYGPKG_HAL_SH_7760 variants.   If I accept the default resolution (i.e. I
don't read the conflict box cafefully), this of course leads to another
error.  Since the variants are supposed to be a set of radio buttons and I've
ended up selecting two of them.

Then I tried some other SH templates, figuring that I missed something in
creating my CDL files, but every other template I tried also creates a
conflict because it doesn't know the CPU variant.

Is this just the way the configtool works?

I was hoping that a since my template knows that it's only for a particular
CPU, it could make the selection itself and save the user from resolving a
conflict, but I can't see a way to do that.  The only thing that comes to
mind is if there is a way for a package to set the value of another
component, but it doesn't look like that's possible.

Anyone have any suggestions that I could try?

thanks,
Jeff
--
Jeff Cooper