Re: dual port ethernet driver 82558B

bhanuprakash kandimalla <kbhanu@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello Ecos World:
> I installed ecos on i386 based pc which has dual port
> ethernet card(intel 82558B chips). I created a
> "i386pc-target with i82559, redboot" from the config
> tool. When the pc boots up only one port(eth0) is
> getting activated. Seems like some modifications are
> needed for the i82559 driver. Can anyone direct me
> regarding what modifications are necessary to support
> second port on the card(eth1) or where to find any
> reference code, if available.
> Thanks in advance,
> Bhanu.

Take a look at the configuration for the i82559 driver, it provides
support for multiple devices. You will need to update the PC ethernet
package to enable it. However, the RedBoot ethernet stack is very
simple and does not support multiple network devices, this is only
available in full eCos configuration.