Port of eCOS check

Hiya,

During the course of reading about the eCos OS (FAQ section) it is suggested that one write to this email addy to see if anyone else is already handling a specifice port. I'm interested in porting eCos to the Franklin eBookman's SNK32 RISC CPU. The SDK for the SNK32/eBookman comes with a Cygwin port that compiles to the proper executables for the eBookman. The current OS is lacking and I'm trying to not reinvent the wheel while I try to create a new OS. Also, I've been programming (hobby-wise) in C/C++ for over five years and know this is really beyond my current level of expertise. I expect to learn a lot and maybe create something good. Any advice anyone can give this not-so-newby would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
danF