Re: eCos support JVM?

Chris Gray <chris.gray <at> kiffer.be> writes:

> On Sunday 11 July 2004 16:07, Amy Yap Hai Sin wrote:
> > Sir,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> > 1.    Is it means if i need to implement Java in eCos, then most probably i
> > need to port from Wonka VM?
> "Most probably", yes. Among open source VMs, I don't know which other ones
> have been ported to eCos; Kaffe, maybe.

Yep, Chris is right, as usual.

Kaffe was ported to eCos by Ryouzaburou Suzuki. He's just started the kaffe/eCos
project on sourceforge japan[1], you may want to join in. I'd like to merge that
in eventually into the main kaffe tree, as with all our 'non-mainstream' ports.
I think the port just covers eCos on sh4, but I'm sure the author will know more
details.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] http://sourceforge.jp/projects/kaffe-ecos/