Re: how to make the command exec on the RedBoot to work?

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 08:00, David Vrabel wrote:
> >>  thank you for your replay,my board is with AT91M40800(the architecture/target is ARM7TDMI).
> >
> > You'll have to write the 'exec' function for this platform as it does
> > not normally run Linux.  Look for other examples in the hal/arm tree.
>
> Isn't RedBoot's exec command on ARM generic?  (It's sitting in
> hal/arm/arch/current/src/redboot_linux_exec.c.)  May just be a question
> of enabling it.

In order to enable it, one must define/override some macros which are
architecture variant (or even target) specific.  e.g. the ARM7TDMI does
not have an MMU, but the default setup expects one, etc...

These are the sort of details that one needs to add before it can be
enabled and exactly why it's not just always turned on.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates