Re: RedBoot[RAM] FIS commands

Jani Monoses <jani@iv.ro> writes:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 01:35:04 -0400 (EDT)
> "Miguel J. Vega" <mserrano@engin.umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Is RedBoot[RAM] supposed to have "fis write" and "fis erase" as its only
> > FIS commands? If possible, how can the rest of the FIS commands be added?
>
> No it should also have create, list delete etc.
> fi lock/unlock if you chip supports locking
>
> And it does not depend on whether it's [RAM] or [ROM], but on having the
> io_flash package configured in redboot.

However, on platforms with restricted RAM, such as the AT91 EBXX
boards, the FIS filesystem is not enabled. It just uses up too much
RAM. In such systems only the write and erase commands are available.

I'm not aware of any systems which have the FIS present in the ROM
configuration but absent in the RAM configuration, but that might be a
good way to save RAM space for downloading new RedBoot images.