RE: cannot start configtool for ecos-2.0

  This problem appears with recent versions of Cygwin dll (e.g. 1.5.10-3).
I've reported the problem to the cygwin list and written the following
message:

>   Something has changed between releases 1.5.9-1 and 1.5.10-3 of
cygwin1.dll
> that breaks configtool, an eCos (the operating system) utility. I've
hunted
> the problem down to the TCL "glob" function which gives different results
> when trying to match a pattern ending with a dot as shown below.
>
> With cygwin 1.5.9-1 under Windows XP SP1:
> $ tclsh
> % glob C:/tmp/.
> C:/tmp/./
> %
>
> With cygwin release 1.5.10-3 under Windows XP SP1:
> $ tclsh
> % glob C:/tmp/.
> C:/tmp/   <========= ./ has disappeared !
> %

  I've had the following answer from pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org:

>Thanks for the report.
>If you have not done so already, this should be brought to the
>attention of the eCos maintainers (or possibly the TCL maintainers).
>Instead of calling CreateFile, Cygwin 1.5.10 calls NtCreateFile,
>which is more strict about path syntax. It doesn't like xxx/.
>so Cygwin has to remove the final dot.

  I don't know if this should be resolved in Cygwin or eCos... Anyway, for
now, you can get it to work by installing an old version of cygwin.dll (e.g
1.5.9-1).