RE: FLASH initialization failed, AM29LV400BB on CME-555

Hi Roman and ecos list,

Thanks for your advice. My teammate Eric used GDB to confirm that
something bad is indeed occuring at address 0xD978. This address is
from _mem_copy. The instruction is lbz r1,0(r4) where the contents
of r4 is 8e00000(which we suspected to be out of external RAM range).
We found out that the default redboot build has external RAM mapped
from 0x800000 to 0x87FFFF. I think that this might be incorrect since this
default mapping applies to when the CME-555 board has 512K of AM29LV200
type memory. Since our CME-555 board came with AM29LV400BB type RAM, we
have double that amount (1M). Does anyone know what kind of changes I have
to make to the configuration to take this into account? I have the idea
to manually change the memory mapping in the following:

mlt_powerpc_cme555_rom.ldi
mlt_powerpc_cme555_rom.h

Is this a good approach to take?

Thanks,