Re: Thumb/exceptions in program

Am Fr, den 28.05.2004 schrieb Greg Smith um 16:41:

Hello

>I know very little about ecos, but:

>Interrupts in the ARM processor all run in 32-bit mode - so you will
>hit
>problems if you try to run interrupts in Thumb mode.
The interrupt code is the one used in eCos and it is 32 bit code.

>As the remainder of the code works OK in 32-bit mode, the other
>possible
>explanation of a sata abort of not having set up the interrupt stacks
>cannot
>be correct.

>Greg Smith

The strange thing is that the crashes only occure if I build an instance
of a c++ class which uses many new-operators or during normal operation
of this object. The class needs much memory which is allocated using the
heap.
I have enough memory (4MB) to do so and the stack size is 30kB (usage
approx. 2-4kB). If the object is used in the context of a thread, the
thread crashes but other threads are still working.
If the crash occures during initialisation, the system crashes.

I found an earlier post (I thing April 2003) where a similiar questions
was posted, but there is no answer :-(

Regards,
 Sven Rehfuß