Re: Redboot: FLASH problem

Hi everyone,

Using the default configuration to build a redboot.elf (ROM startup) we
get the following message at redboot's startup right before the banner:

  " +FLASH: driver init failed: Driver does not support device
   Sorry, FLASH config exceeds available space in FIS directory"

Our CME555 board has AMD AM29LV400(maybe this is something new with Axiom
CME555 boards) type external flash. By default, the redboot build is
configured for AM29LV200 FLASH. We changed this to AM29LV400 in the
configuration file and supposedly got a redboot build better suited for
our board. We thought that this would fix the problem. Now, instead of
getting a "redboot" startup banner at all, we only get output that appears
to be from GDB stubs. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Miguel Vega
FEGI Team
University of Michigan

P.S. Congratulations Bob, on becoming a father! :)