[new mail]ROM start-up redboot.elf question.

Hi everyone,

I produced a ROM start-up redboot.elf for the CME555 board using
ecosconfig.

By doing the following:
1. > ecosconfig new cme555 redboot
2. > ecosconfig import <file directory...>/redboot_ROM.ecm
3. > ecosconfig tree
4. > make

We have been programming this file into internal FLASH using the flash
programmer in CodeWarrior. Unfortunately I do not get redboot to respond
(no banner prints, etc.). We have been able to get hello world programs to
run from internal flash, so I'm pretty sure we are burning to flash correctly
and setting up the jumpers correctly for internal flash start-up also.

I used powerpc-eabi-objdump to look at the redboot.elf in assembly and I
noticed that a part of the assembly code contains code at internal RAM
addresses. Why is this? I thought that the redboot.elf file was supposed
to go only into internal FLASH.

Thank you for your time,
Miguel Vega
FEGI Team