Re: Beginner Question: where is ECOS kernel image stored after building by eCos config tool, and what it name?

"Stanistav Karpenko" <stasz@scanex.ru> writes:

> Beginner Question: where is ECOS kernel image stored after building by eCos
> config tool, and what it name?
>
> I have a task to compile ECOS2.0 kernel to load ECOS from floppy on to PC.
> It means i need in kernel image of ECOS. I have
>
> tuned options in eCos config tool. For example, my project called EVENING.
> After that i had build ecos with a help of eCos config tool (under Windows
> 2000, build->library menu) I got
> some new directories and files. In C:\cygwin\src\ecos\ecos-2.0\tools\bin I
> had get EVENING_BUILD and EVENING_INSTALL
> folders. And so many subfolders in these folders... Where is kernel?

The kernel, along with the rest of eCos is in the target
library. There is no binary kernel image. Only those parts of
eCos that are actually used by your application get linked into the
final binary that you build from your application object files.

Take a look at the User Guide for details.