Microwindows on linux synth target

I am trying to get microwindows running on linux synthetic target. I am using the contribution made by I-Jui Sung. Has anybody managed to get this working recently?

Starting with the guidelines I found I had to do the following to make some headway:

ecosconfig new linux posix
ecosconfig add libc_stdlib
ecosconfig add libc_time
ecosconfig add libc_stdio
ecosconfig add libc_i18n

I was then able to build the microwindows executable but nothing happened. When I debugged it I found that stdio was failing to find a device. I then did

ecosconfig add io_serial

Now at least everything seems to build but when I run nano-X-ecos I get the following:

nanoX: creating main thread..
GsOpenSocket():
Can't open mqueue for nanoxq
Cannot bind to named socket
Can't Starting Nano-x Server Thread
NanoX Demo..
Can't Open Nanox Server Message Queue for write
Can't open graphics
Can't Open Nanox Server Message Queue for write
NanoWM: Couldn't connect to Nano-X server!

So looks like there is a problem with message queues and maybe with graphics. I will try to make some more progress but I was wondering if anyone else has had any success.

Malcolm