Re: RE : Microwindows, FLTK/FLNX and eCos

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 10:58, Philip Keller wrote:
> > I'm thinking about using FLTK on top of Microwindows using nxlib.
> > http://www.microwindows.org/
> >
> Have you looked at FLNX? (http://www.pixil.org/) It's a adaptation of FLTK
> v. 1.0 to runs directly on top of Microwindows/Nano-X. This would avoid the
> nxlib compatibility layer.
>
> The FLNX widgets are simplified to be more "PDA-like." FLNX includes the
> graphical UIF editor, Fluid, but I use the FLTK 1.2 version of Fluid, which
> is much improved. Everything seems to be compatible as long as you avoid the
> few additional widgets added with FLTK 1.0->1.2.

Super! Thanks!

I got it up and running without too much hassle.

- I've compiled it for the linux synthetic target using the vnc server
and eCos CVS HEAD
- Using the FLTK fluid GUI builder, I put together a test app. As you
point out, it works fine,  just stay away from unsupported stuff(e.g.
tooltips).

Is there a CVS server for FLNX out there?

--

Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com