From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org]On Behalf Of Henrik Mau
Sent: maandag 3 mei 2004 18:46
To: Gary Thomas
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Problem with running application on ARM Integrator

Gary Thomas wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 10:19, Henrik Mau wrote:
>

>>Gary Thomas wrote:

>>>I presume that you have RedBoot installed and running?
>>>
>>>Have you tried the examples at http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples ?
>>>

>>I have installed Redboot using the Arm Flash Utility and it boots fine
>>and I am able to connect to it using GDB.
>>Downloading the application with Insight also goes well, but when it has
>>finished I get
>>
>>Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
>>0x04000044 in ?? ()
>>

>This seems extremely odd to me.  I just built a test for the integrator
>and it loaded at 0x00040000.

When I download the test I get a message that the application is loaded
into 0x00040000 and doing a memory dump from there shows it to be present.

>>I have tried to set a breakpoint at hal_hardware_init in
>>integrator_misc.c - the earliest place I could find - but I still get a
>>SIGTRAP.
>>
>>I get the exact same message no matter which test example I try. Could
>>it possibly be Redboot that tries to execute the application from the
>>wrong address?
>>

>It sure looks like it.  How did you configure your eCos kernel?

For Redboot, I chose the Integrator 7TDMI Redboot template and imported
the redboot_ROMRAM.ecm file. Furthermore I disabled the ethernet support
because I grew tired of waiting for it to finish booting. I had the same
problem before I disabled this however.

For the test application I chose the Integrator 7TDMI default template
and built it without any changes. I have also tried the minimal and the
net template.

The repository is the 2.0 snapshot.