Re: deploying production systems using RedBoot as a bootloader

> I was wondering if anyone uses RedBoot as their bootloader in
> their production systems to load/update their application code
> images?

Yes.

> If so, do you modify the code to customize the
> command set/prompt etc.?

Yes.  We added a line or two at start up with the product name,
model number, etc.  We also added probably a dozen or so
commands that can be used to configure and test portions of the
product.

In addition to that, we added support for two additional
network protocol that can be used to administer the product in
place of the RedBoot command-line stuff.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com