Re: GDB stub for RAM startup.

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the response. Thanks for pointing out the
option.
I have few more more question. I am having problem
doing single step in command line GDB. Following is
what I am doing.

In my application main() function, I call
"breakpoint()".Once my programs start up it would hit
the breakpoint(), thus starting up my GDBs stub. Now I
use the normal gdb client to connect to my target.

linux > sparc-elf-gdb -s helloWorld.out
(gdb) target extended-remote /dev/ttyS1
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS1
0x010075f0 in _breakinst ()
    at
/users/hdewan/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/language/c/libc/startup/v2_0/src/atexit.cxx:85
85      cyg_libc_invoke_atexit_handlers( void )
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb) step

As you can see my breakpoint is at 0x010075f0. Is the
"step" command suppose to single step in my program?

After dumping the packet I saw GDB client started to
download the file into the target. Why cannt I just do
single step without downloading the program again.
              Thanks again
                    Ottawa