Update on the availability of socketpair()?

Hi All-

I read in an earlier posting; http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-07/msg00485.html that the function: socketpair() was intentionally left out of the 2.0 release.  But that it could (and therefore might) be added.  Is there any short term (or long term) plan to add this call?

Just as is described in the reference above, I'm porting some unix code that uses a "tickle" pipe to wakeup a thread blocking on select().  And yes, I could use a 'localhost' socket.  However, I am advocating that socketpair() be added since it makes the application code so simple and elegant.

Finally, if there is an effort to add this to eCos, what is the chances that it could be kept in without having to have all the network code; or it be a "configurable" item.  I guess what I'm really asking is what are the chances that a pipe() system call be added.  Our embedded application will actually be using serial lines...but we use the network during development (to fake out devices) so our final software will not have a network stack (thus no socketpair() when we remove network support).

Thanks for the update in advance!!!
Phil