Re: eCos application using USART

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 05:44, Jani Monoses wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:30:00 +0100
> "Ali Rodgo" <alirodgo@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I want to programm a new serial protocol (ecos application) to
> > communicate a device with the AT91EB40A using the USART. Can anyone
> > tell me where can i find (in the ecos repository) the files
> > necessaries to use the Usarts? Access to registers, USART predefined
> > software, examples etc..
>
> devs/serial/arm/at91

More importantly, the point of having a standard driver structure is
that one can write applications *without* needing to know the details
of the actual hardware.  We have a [fairly] complete POSIX compatible
"termios" layer which allows for high utilization of the device,
including control over things like baud rates, etc.  I'd certainly
suggest that you (Ali) try to use it.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates