Re: configtool annoyance (cygwin)

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 07:49:50AM -0600, Richardson, Anthony wrote:
> When I run configtool in cygwin it adds a mount for the
> c: drive as /ecos-c.  As far as I can tell this doesn't
> cause any problems,  I can still access the drive as
> /cygdrive/c even though this no longer shows up in the
> list of mounted filesystems.
>
> Is there anyway to let the configtool know that it should
> use /cygdrive/c instead of creating a new mount point?

This new mount is done because many users don't read the manual and so
mount the filesystem with the wrong properties and than get into
problems and ask FAQ like questions. By making the configtool do the
mounting we ensure the correct flags are used when mounting the file
system and so avoid the problems and the questions.

So, before you try to use /cygdrive/c instead of /ecos-c, have you got
it mounted correctly?

        Andrew