Re: Remotely program

Francesc Teixido Navarro wrote:

	Hi all,
	I have a Falcom F35-XXL with a eCos 1.1 system, and I like to
program it remotelly, via GSM/GPRS. Any idea how can I load a received
program and how to save it to flash??

I have a update from CompactFlash option in my program - here is how I do it:

- I'am using RedBoot with the program stored in flash, which gets loaded in RAM and started at poweron (fis load app; go)
- First time (or when doing update from serial) I create the program fis image with fixed length and data length (-l and -s switches),
so the whole flash memory reserved for program gets loaded to RAM from RedBoot (I need it, because I don't "inform" RedBoot fis
about new program length when updating from CF)
- The actual updating is just reading data from CF and writting it to flash.

If you want to run the program from flash, than the part which is doing the flash update has to run from RAM.

Also in your case it would be almoust necessary to load the program somewhere else before overwritting the old one, because the
connection can be lost in the middle of the transfer. You could load it in RAM (if you have enough) or use another part of flash for that.

PS.
   You should really consider upgrading to a new eCos version.

savin