jffs2 missing files

I'm trying to get jffs2 working in redboot on an xscale platform with
Intel flash (and yes, I'm using gcc 3.3.2).  I am able to mount the
file system, though only with the "-d /dev/flash1" and not
"-f <partition>".  However, some or all of the files that were created
with Linux are not accessible with redboot.  I've turned on the jffs2
debugging printfs and it appears that those inodes for the missing
files are never read in.  When I create files in redboot, I am able to
access them in Linux just fine.  Anyone have any ideas what may be
wrong or where I might start looking for problems?

I'm using redboot from top of tree as of yesterday.  I'll probably go
turn on the debugging in Linux, too, just to see what the difference
is.  The Linux version I'm using is 2.4.22 with jffs2 that comes
standard in it.

BAPper