Re: Redboot iPaq support...

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 07:50, Hsu, Cheng-Hsin (Cheng-Hsin) wrote:
> All,
>
> 	I have a Sharp SL-5600 running Linux. And I would like
> to try to boot into OSes other than the standard Sharp Linux.

In general, RedBoot can support booting most any operating system.
Some system-specific support may be necessary.

> 	I saw that people could install RedBoot on their ipaq after
> WinCE is up. Does that mean they could load and boot into whatever
> OSes after that?
> 	Does eCos support any iPaq model with PXA-250 processor?
> (Please let me know if there is any webpage showing the currently
> supported models, Thanks!)

At this time, only the StrongARM based H3630 is supported, sorry.
eCos (and RedBoot) could be easily ported to the newer Xscale versions,
but this would require some engineering.  This could either be done
by you or such porting efforts can be contracted from various
organizations.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates