Re: Why the application run on redboot uncorrectly?

From: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
To: xie boyan <xieboyan@hotmail.com>
CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Why the application run on redboot uncorrectly?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:34:56 +0100

> RedBoot> load -v -r -h MyHost -m TFTP -b 0x800040 hello.elf
> the tftp transportation looks like correct because the informations
> displayed on screen is normal. Of course my executable application
Hello is
> under the directory /tftpboot on my host PC.

Read:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/download-command.html

-r does not make sense for an elf file. You also don't need -b 0x80040
with elf files.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew

I try to do as your instructions, but it also failed.

My template is samsung snds, my toolchain is arm-elf-gcc, my packages included are :
ARM comman HAL, Comman HAL, CRC Support, Comman ethernet support, ISO C and Posix infrastructure, ISO C library string functions, Infrastructure,
RedBoot, Samsung SNDS, Samsung KS32C50000 Ethernet driver, Comman HAL
and the tftp server on my host is in.tftpd which I started by using command "in.tftpd -l".

I download the hello elf file by using command:
load -v -h MyHost -m tftp /tftpboot/hello
and it failed by displaying "Abort! Attempt to load ELF data to address: 0x00020000 which is not in RAM."

I need your further help.

Bestg Regards!

--boyan xie