RE: EDB7312(ARM720T) interrupts

Gary,

Many thanks, that cleared up my understanding of eCos interrupts a great
deal.  Although, I still cant seem to achieve software connectivity with the
eCos interrupt model.

While testing my interrupt code I have observed that I can assert bits in
the interrupt status register by sending characters to a UART. As well as
enabling them with cyg_interrupt_unmask() call(see below).

I, however, have not be able to get the ISR(and thus DSR) to execute(via
break points with my MAJIC ICE).

In the case of the UART1 RX interrupt, I can send a character, verify its
arrival at the buffer and FIFO, but no ISR or DSR is executed. Im assuming
the problem is my software configuration(which is REALLY close to the Massa
text).  See code below.

I was able to accomplish this task with my own code, but would MUCH RATHER
have eCos working instead.

This is the code for cyg_user_start...
cyg_interrupt_create(	CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_URXINT1,
				int1_priority,
				0,
				&interrupt_1_isr,
				&interrupt_1_dsr,
				&int1_handle,
				&int1);

	//attach the interrupt created to the vector
	cyg_interrupt_attach( CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_URXINT1 );

	//unmask the interrupt the we just configured.
	cyg_interrupt_unmask( CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_URXINT1 );

Here is my ISR...
cyg_uint32 interrupt_1_isr(cyg_vector_t vector, cyg_addrword_t data)
{

	//block this interrupt from occuring until after the dsr has finished.
	cyg_interrupt_mask(vector);

	//tell the processor that we have recieved the interrupt
	cyg_interrupt_acknowledge( vector );

	//tell the kernel that the dsr needs to executed
	//next
	return( CYG_ISR_CALL_DSR );

}
and here is the DSR...
void interrupt_1_dsr(
					cyg_vector_t vector,
					cyg_ucount32 count,
					cyg_addrword_t data)
{
	//this DSR contians code to process the incoming characters
	.
	.
	.

	//allow this interrupt to occur again.