Re: TCP Transactions

> 3) Change the MSL timeout from 30sec to something
> smaller.  Is there any interest in making the MSL
> timer something configurable?

It already is configurable.

1) Uses sysctl(). Its something like net.inet.tcp.msl. You can
   probably find its proper name using the sysctl test program.

2) The network stack makes a lot of its variables global. tcp_msl is
   no exception. But there is a bit of jiggery-pokery going on, so its
   actually called cyg_tcp_msl. So just do something like...

extern int cyg_tcp_msl;

/* 'Orrible hack warning. Play around with the internal timer
variables of the network stack. Yuck. */
cyg_tcp_msl = 10;

I would spend some time to see what else uses this timer. This might
change other things are well as how long sockets take to close.

       Andrew