Re: Device Driver Architecture on eCos

Satish Kumar wrote:

Hi,
Could someone point any links about Device Driver Development manual
on eCos. well, i have got to develop some device drivers for some sound components (Audio Data Interface/Inter-Ic sound, SSP,DMA..) on my
target board.

could one some give me some links how the device driver architecture on
eCos looks like..or some kind of detail manual explaining the driver
architecture on eCos for different kind of devices..(Network,Char,Block..etc).

Look at eCos Reference manual - chapter 17. There is some info about the basic IO driver
infrastructure. If you can work with read, write, get config, and set config, then that is the
way to go. However if you need some other kind of interface to better suit your devices,
then it is up to you to design and write the whole thing. This was done with network drivers.
I don't know about any documentation wich explains this in detail. It is probably best to read
the code and understand it.

savin