Re: newbie questions

Hi

1. How can i run the tests if i do not have my HW so far? (I ran one of the tests from Insight, but I got only an empty main() function there).

From the Insight select the ?Debug Target  Simulator?
Or Issue the following from the GDB console: target sim

1.a. When i run one of the tests on the simulator using Insight, do I need to download also the libtarget.a first?

Nope. Just the ecos application elf image <hello for hello.c ? on linux. Or hello.exe or hello.elf on Windows under cygwin>

2. How can I compile hello.c(found in the examples directory) and run it on the simulator.

Check this, http://geocities.com/michaelanburaj/ecos/ecos_smdk2410_examples.txt

3. My libtarget.a is 8.5MB. Am I doing something wrong here?

No.

Thanks in advance.