Re: Help Downloading Using ymodem

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:41, Martin, Clayton wrote:
> I'm running RedBoot on my target system, and I want to load a binary image into the target RAM.  I'm running Windows 2000 on the host and have a serial connection to the target.  I issue the command, "lo -m ymodem".  In Hyper Terminal, I specify "ymodem" as the protocol in the "Send File" dialog box.  RedBoot cancels the transfer and displays, "Unrecognized image type: 0x905a4d
> xyzModem - CRC mode, 1(SOH)/1(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 3 retries".  I'm a new RedBoot user, and I'm stuck.  What am I doing wrong?

You need to specify that you are downloading binary data, otherwise
RedBoot will try and interpret it.  It only expects to find either
Motorola S-records or an ELF format file.

For binary data, use the "-r" switch to "load", e.g.
  RedBoot> lo -r -b 0x100000 file
Note: if you specify binary data, RedBoot can't know where to put
it, so you also have to specify the base address via "-b XXX"

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates