Re: Keeping 2.0 source tree up to date

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 09:43:18AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:

> Whats the recommended way to keep a 2.0 source tree up to date
> with bug fixes?
>
> Do I need to try to get BOFH to allow access to the CVS tree?
>
> Is there an official archive of approved patches somewhere that
> can be downloaded?

eCos does not use the linux model of a stable version and a
development version. 2.0 is static, will not change etc. All patches
are added to the head of the anoncvs tree. We try to keep that bug
free as possible, but there is always the risk that some patch will
break something. You can take a snapshot of the cvs, then run all the
test cases yourself in what ever configuration you need. If it passes,
its probably useable. If it fails, we would like to know!

If you want a certified release which has had extensive testing like
2.0 had, you need to contact the commercial support people.

    Andrew