From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 4:26 PM
To: Chip Boling
Cc: eCos Discussion
Subject: Re: [ECOS] FW: POSIX problems during ARM simulations

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 14:56, Chip Boling wrote:
> I have been having some troubles with getting twothreads.c running when
> POSIX has been added to the list of available packages.  I am running on
> CYGWIN and have tried it under both SID and the Insight simulator with the
> same results.  When I run, all the output I see is:
>
>    Entering twothreads' main() function
>    Beginning execution; thread data is 1
>    Beginning execution; thread data is 2
>

> If I remove the POSIX package from the application and rebuild eCos and
> twothreads, I can successfully run the example and get the expected
output.
> Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?   It seems everytime I break,
> am sitting in idle_thread_main().
>
> Other version numbers that may be helpful are listed below in case there
is
> a known toolchain problem that I need to work around or upgrade/downgrade
> to:
>
> 	eCos v2.0
> 	gcc-3.2-3
> 	platform -> simulating arm7PID

How did you "add POSIX"?  Have you tried building using the POSIX (or
'net') templates directly?

Note: I just tried this on a different platform and it worked fine when
I built using either the default or net templates.  I had linking
problems when I tried to use the posix template (which I plan to
investigate later).

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates