Re: mount()/umount() prototypes

Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> writes:

Given that these functions are not used extensively at present, and
there are relatively few calls to them, we probably have some
flexibility in re-defining them. Maybe we should add at least a flags
parameter to each, and maybe an additional data parameter to
mount(). This would bring then roughly in to line with the Linux
functions.

These extra parameters would also need to be propagated down into the
underlying filesystem calls.

If you would like to work up a patch to do this then I'm fairly sure
it would be accepted.

Ok. I'll look into it.
I could add a cdl option - something like CYGIMP_IO_FILEIO_MOUNT_NEW_PROTO,
to switch between the old and new (u)mount prototypes - so that it would not break any code.

savin