Re: periodic threads with kapi?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:12:20AM +0100, Nick Garnett wrote:
> It was always expected that more sophisiticated timing activity would
> be handled by creating alarms.

I see that now. For some reason I thought cyg_thread_delay was supposed to
be used for periodic threads because the example programs use it.

> Go ahead, I see no reason not to include an absolute delay
> function. Remember to include a ChangeLog entry, and if you can face
> hacking the SGML, an update to the documentation.
>
> Also I suspect that the new function should be called
> cyg_thread_delay_absolute() or maybe cyg_thread_delay_until() to be
> more consistent with the naming convention.

Well, now that I understand cyg_thread_delay is not what I thought it was,
it seems like a waste. I did create that patch but I'm just going to dismiss
it as a learning experience and hopefully I'll come up with other truly
useful patches.

Thanks for all the help though, I know it can be frustrating helping someone
new to the project.

--
Ryan Boder
http://www.bitwiser.org/icanoop