Re: building for flash

Program is configured for ROM startup.

What GNU tools do I use to build an image suitable to
directly download to flash? Can I just take my
arm-elf-gcc generated image? I.e.:

arm-elf-gcc -o file.out ./Main/main.o -nostartfiles
-L./eCos/Debug/lib -Ttarget.ld -mcpu=arm7tdmi
-mno-short-load-words -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static -g
-nostdlib

Also, I am using ATMEL AT91 (EB40A for now, but
proprietary board soon). On-board RAM of 256K is not
big enough to hold my app, so I need to run from
flash. Can you explain in a little more detail what
Redboot buys me in this case?