Cirus Logic EDB7312, eCos 1.3.1 & GDB Stubs

Dear List,

We have been developing on eCos 1.3.1 (with gcc-2.95.2 19991024 release)
for the past two years without the need for the GDB debugger, but recent
events have forced us to take another look at remote serial debugging.

Unfortunately, whenever we compile a stub for our board, it attempts to
wake up the on-board Ethernet device which slows the .text transfer down
considerably (about 5 hours for a 900KB binary) which is undesirable
since we build our own boards and have elected to not include any
Ethernet devices.

We have been playing with eCos 2.0b1 and can successfully download our
program to our board using the redboot-ROMRAM.bin file from the RedBoot
website, but due to time restraints would rather not port our codebase
to 2.0b1 and the above mentioned redboot stub does not work with our
1.3.1 applications.

In the 1.3.1 repository (with the net-1.0b1.epk patch applied), how can
we disable any reference to the onboard Ethernet device?  Currently, it
is all greyed out, and all attempts to change that have failed.

Thanks in advance,
Peter Blair.