Re: Coldfire M5272C3 question

Chuck Partridge wrote:

I am trying to get eCos 2.0 running on a Motorola m5272c3 eval board
and I am having troubles getting it running.

No surprises there then. The MCF5252 port in both anoncvs and the 2.0 release is very broken. This was a crontributed port which was initially deemed alpha quality but was later found to be very broken.

Since then we recently completed a full rewrite of the eCos and RedBoot port to the Motorola m5272c3 eval board. However, this port is not likely to be released into anoncvs for a while but is immediately available directly from eCosCentric as a professional developers kit. If you are interested, please contact me off list.

Regards
-- Alex

Managing Director / CEO                           eCosCentric Limited
http://www.ecoscentric.com/              The eCos and RedBoot experts
Phone: +44 1223 291156                         Cell:  +44 7811 364531
Email: alexs@ecoscentric.com                    Fax:  +44 7779 032911

I have built the eCos library using eCos configuration tools using Peter Barada's gcc 3.04 coldfire/m68k port using Cygwin.

I am now trying to get the hello example running. A hello.exe is built using the Makefile in the examples directory. The file command shows hello.exe to be

hello.exe: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, Motorola 68000, version 1, statically link
ed, not stripped

I convert the elf to a srec using objcopy and download the srec using the Eval boards DBUG monitor.

I can load and run the srec but I get no indication of operation after eCos relocates the vector table in var_reset() in the file
ecos-2.0\packages\hal\m68k\mcf52xx\var\v2_0\src\var_startup.c.

I get a couple of garbage characters on the terminal when I just go from __exception_reset.

Anyone know if this board has actually been run, and if so were there any
steps I have missed?

Thanks,

Chuck