RealTek 8139 on Advantech PCM-5820

Hi,

I am currently testing Erics RTL 8139 driver on my Advantech
PCM-5820 platform. Using the driver (revision 1, 01 Aug) it
was no problem running Redboot. As I have learned Redboot
uses its own TCP/IP stack and runs the driver in polling
mode. Trying to set-up a standard environment (i386) using
the net package was another story. The net package utilize
the interrupt functionality of the driver and this would not
run.

I have managed to track down a few of the reasons why this is
happening. I have modified the driver so it is now up and
running. My questions is though: How do I communicate my
changes?

I have NOT attached the if_8139.h and if_8139.c files where
the modifications have been made as I am not sure where these
should be published. I would appreciate if anyone could tell
me this. Any crucial modifications are indicated
by "//////****** Chg ->" as beginning and "//////****** Chg <-
" as ending.

I have read the discussion regarding sharing of interrupts
for this driver. My modification has most likely disabled the
sharing feature as the code has removed the hardware mask and
unmask of interrupts.

Looking forward to any response.

Best regards,

Chris Nimmers