Re: 5Kc core card for Atlas MIPS board

"Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 1.
> MIPS do not produce these 5Kc core cards (RM5261 based) for Atlas
> boards anymore.
> Does anyone know of other sources for procuring a new or used one?

Note that the 5kc is a MIPS64 card. We only really ever supported
RedBoot directly on that card -- and even then it ran in 32-bit
mode. However, eCos applications built for the 4kc (MIPS32) will work
fine on it.

> 2.
> In the hal_mips_atlas.cdl, I saw,
>
> CYGHWR_HAL_MIPS_MIPS64_CORE == "20K"))
>
> Under CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS_ATLAS
>
> Does this mean that a 20K core card can be fitted to an Atlas board
> (And will it work?)? Did anyone work on such a step-up? If so, please
> point me to the source for buying these core cards.

The 20kc was added for completeness, we never had one to
test. However, 4kc eCos apps will probably run on it with no
difficulty, the same way they do on a 5kc.