Re: synthetic target

> When the ecos application starts I can see on the screen
> all the information of the eth0 device that are ok, but the
> connect fails. The rawether is not running and if I try to
> start it manually it sets up the tap1 device (not tap0 as
> it is configured).

You cannot start rawether manually. It uses pipes to communicate with
the auxiliary so only the auxiliary can start it.

OK. Back to basics. Any of the following could be happening:

1) The auxiliary could not be starting... Assuming you don't pass -nw,
   do you get the auxilary windows, as shown at

   http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/synth-gui.html

2) The auxiliary cannot find rawether so cannot start it.

3) The auxilary starts rawether, but it exists because of some error
   condition. eg cannot open the device etc.

I don't have a working setup in front of me at the moment, but i
expect there should be some clues in the main window of the
auxiliary. Does it mention trying to load the ethernet device? Are
there any error message at all?

      Andrew