Re: i82559_reset quaries !!

> "mohanlal jangir" <mohanlaljangir@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have been working with ARM Integrator/AP board with ARM920t core
module. I
> > have some queries regarding fucntion i82559_reset.
> >
> > 1. This is one sorce line from above function
> >      cyg_uint32 ioaddr = p_i82559->io_address;
> > My question is what should variable ioaddr have? I think it should have
PCI
> > address if p_i82559 is properly initialised but I am getting 0. Any idea
> > why?
>

> The io_address is derived from the device's PCI configuration. It
> looks like something is not working right there. Try running the pci1
> test program and see what it says for the i82559.

I am having problem even in running above mentioned test program. Following
is output of running pci1 test program
Run started
(gdb) set height 0
set height 0
(gdb) set debug remote 0
set debug remote 0
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
0x240084f8 in ?? ()
(gdb) load
load
Start address 0x40040, load size 519696
Transfer rate: 23489 bits/sec, 306 bytes/write.
(gdb) break cyg_test_exit
break cyg_test_exit
Breakpoint 1 at 0x47a20: file
/opt/ecos/ecos/packages/infra/v2_0/src/tcdiag.cxx, line 260.
(gdb) break cyg_assert_fail
break cyg_assert_fail
Function "cyg_assert_fail" not defined.
(gdb) break cyg_test_init
break cyg_test_init
Breakpoint 2 at 0x47930: file
/opt/ecos/ecos/packages/infra/v2_0/src/tcdiag.cxx, line 192.
(gdb) cont
cont
Continuing.

and it waits here forever. Nothing happens after this. In eCos documentation
I see the line: "If it seems to stop for a long time, check that the target
board is correctly connected, and that eCos has been correctly configured --
especially the start-up type."
target board connectivity seems to be ok since I can download test program.
Start-up type is RAM since I want eCos to run from RAM. Apprantly, when I
built RedBoot, I built it as start-up type ROM and downloaded to flash at
location 0x24000000.
I don't have any idea what is happening. I am wondering if there is any
hardware setting (say some swith or jumper) to enable PCI bus. I don't see
anything like this in ARM Integrator manual.

Regards
Mohanlal