Re: dns query for ipv6 address

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:38:01AM +0900, ±Ç¼øȯ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm newcomer to eCos and porting my linux applicaton for ipv6 into eCos 2.0.
>
> but I found the gethostbyname2 in my code is not defined on eCos 2.0.
>
> I need dns query for ipv6.
>
> How can i solve this problem?

First off, i suggest you use anoncvs, not eCos 2.0. I added lots of
usefull thinks for IPv6 after the 2.0 branch was made.

To do DNS lookups for IPv6 addresses use getaddrinfo(). getnameinfo()
is also implemented.

gethostbyname2 is not implemented. Its not something you should be
using in a multi threaded application since its not thread safe. Also
its not AF independent. ie you have to write IPv4 or IPv6 code. You
cannot write code which works on both and IPv7 when it comes along
etc....

It lots of people request it then i might implement it.

   Andrew