Playing with memory pool ...

My problem with the mempool follow :

An application (I don't know its code, what will it do...) will use a layer
I am programming (I don't know if my english is very good but...).
A function I must give to this application is about creation of memory pool.
The application will give me a number of blocks and the size of these blocks
(the same for all).

So, to create a mempool for this application I need to calculate the exact
size of the mempool eCos. I'am searching how to calculate this size and how
to do...
Andrew gave me a way to find the number of extra blocks to add in order to
get the eCos size for the mempool wanted.

My problem : I want to know how to fill parametres and if in his syntaxe "/"
is a division. If it's really a division, why having put
"size/blocksize/8/blocksize" and not "(size * 8) / (blocksize * blocksize
)".
If you can describe me how you would do to solve my case, it would be great.

Best regards

Matthieu GIRARDIN